yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Friday, January 23, 2009

Proclaim Liberty to the Captives


Many of us when invited in a spiritual activity would simply reply, "I don't need that!,". "You can find many out there.," "I'm not as bad as you think of me!," "I'm doing no wrong." These kind of rejections to a sincere invitation is either true or false. What makes it true is that that it's really good to be conscientious but what makes it false is that, being good is not just being good at ourselves through behaving the way we should be, but is all about us individually & our neighbors.

Given that we are successful in our individual career, by this we become selfish if we care more of ourselves by enjoying what we've got & care less of others making excuse "They're physically capacitated so they should also work just like me for them to survive!" Helping our neighbors does not involve squandering the whole treasure we have. Our 100 bucks when grouped together with other neighbors' offer whether big or small amount could already mean a lot to survive. Big dream comes in small beginning.

As a broadcaster, we know that it's abominable to believe on feng shui, fortune-telling, witchcraft, horoscope, but we remain silent in the circulation reasoning out, "As long as I'm not the one doing it". This reminds me just recently when my mother received a gift pack w/ a red chime on it. I told her that the church does not allow such w/c she followed yet. My goodness! The following day, there was a show on TV w/c talked about feng shui & good luck. They asked some view from the sociologist who also gave approval on it saying that nothing will be lost yet once you believe, she said. On the contrary, we're losing something if we believe those because this is disobedience of the Divine Law in exchange of human baseless belief. I've been dismayed because I tried to share my spiritual beliefs that I've learned from the church but here the TV was confusing the minds of the people.

Revelation 9:21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic potions, their unchastity, or their robberies.

2 Kings 17:17-18 They immolated their sons & daughters by fire, practiced fortune-telling & divination, & sold themselves into evil doing in the Lord's sight provoking Him till, in His great anger against Israel, the Lord put them away of His sight. Only the tribe of Judah was left..

Deuteronomy 18:9-14 When you come into the land w/c the Lord, your God is giving you, you shall not learn to imitate the abominations of the peoples there. Let there not be found among you anyone who immolates his son or daughter in the fire, nor a fortune-teller, soothsayer, charmer, diviner, or caster of spells, nor one who consults ghosts & spirits or seeks oracles from the dead. Anyone who does such things is an abomination to the Lord, & because of such abominations the Lord, your God, is giving them nations out of your way. You, however must be altogether sincere toward the Lord, your God. Though these nations whom you are to dispossess listen to their soothsayers & fortune-tellers, the Lord, your God, will not permit you to do so.

As Catholic Christians, we are encouraged to get out of our way, involve in the community who gathers peoples from all walks of life to share not only the material blessings that delights us but also the dos & donts of a believer; to proclaim liberty to the captives of sinfulness who are not aware of its pros & cons, to give meaning to the lives of those seemingly hopeless people, to appreciate each one's hidden giftedness towards creativity & productivity. As we work & pray hand in hand, we are creating a holy society, a holy family, a holy individual who journey blissfully towards the Kingdom of God.

1 Corinthian 13:1-3 If I speak in human & angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy & comprehend all mysteries & all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, & if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Luke 2:38 And coming forward at that very time, she gave thanks to God & spoke about the Child to all who were awaiting the Redemption of Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense