yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Friday, November 21, 2014

A Fraction of a Second (Jacob’s Well Retreat)


by:  Bro. Rene Tumang

Last Saturday, we were caught by the heavy traffic from South going to Quezon City rushing to attend to another engagement.  I felt hungry while on our way and never expected anymore that I could catch the commitment.  I arrived late on the venue.  Unfortunately, I was asked why I came late but did not ask whether I was famished, he jokingly said.

Prior to this commitment, I woke at 2:45AM with a weak body gasping for God’s grace.  I opened my ipad and closed my eyes after a while but I could not sleep although I was aware that God was just around.  “Show me anything Lord in a fraction of a second,” I beseech Him.  You can actually turn the world upside down in a fraction of a second,” I pondered.

Asking for a consolation out of loyalty for the ministry for a long time, I implored God to bless my family.  Recognizing His provision for the globe that evolves with permanence, precision and perfection, I listened and waited to grasp for wisdom.
“There’s no gadget that could be invented to capture Your beauty Lord which is beyond life and knowledge.   Lord, bestow me even with a glimpse that would give me strength to go on,”  I entreated Him as if I was a little child.


My memory sailed me to an acquaintance, an Indonesian who is a good Priest and an idol whose name is Fr. Alfon Sebatu with whom I learned the beautiful song "One Day at a Time."

I hang around and asked many things but God never responded.  “Lord, I am now Your slave and I am captured,” I exclaimed.  I can speak in English when talking to Him and thus spoke in this manner, “Lord can You bless my family because it has been a countless times that I’ve been neglecting them as a father while I’ve been a slave to You.  Not sooner, I slumbered with my Rosary on my right palm and a Cross on my left. 


From 2:45Am to 5AM, I could not sleep and geared up for my commitment as the sun broke forth.  Calling the community to confirm my divine appointment, I sent them an inspirational message after which.   I went to the venue afterwards and was the early bird than the participants.  

What do we need for us to be blessed?  No one can be sanctified without the Word of God.  We may have been in a life-long journey, however, we’re more on a human effort perhaps but lacking of entwining to His Divine Will


The Divine Will should be sought, embraced primarily than personal gratification.  This world is loaded with different battles –  hunger for wealth, disgruntled craving that falls between the hungry and the bloated, the social status between the poor and the greedy rich.

Based on   observation as I go around to the communities, growth and transformation simply evolve within its perimeters but without the transforming effects in our lives, by reaching out beyond.


If God is the author of life, Satan is the author of lies.  No matter how numerous is the amount of dosage of medicine that you’ll intake, vigor can never be conserved in the middle of deceit.  Be afraid of lies because this is life’s termites which gradually eat up one’s vitality.

This reminds me of a monk who toured in Manila through a generous friend who owns KFC.  Inside SM North Mall, with enthusiasm in her heart, the latter asked him and the grandchildren to buy anything they hanker after that would fit the cart and she’ll be the one to shoulder everything.  After two and  a half hours as pre-arranged, while everybody met in the counter, the monk was missing.  They were surprised as the monk approached because his cart was bare.  The monk says, “The merchandise is overwhelming and beautiful to behold. I never imagined that the world has gone this far yet.  Nevertheless, I realized that I don’t need them in the monastery.”  The KFC owner’s mood had shrugged in tears by this unexpected unfussiness.   


In relation to this, when were residing in the slum area of Manila, I was compelled to probe something unusual.  At the time, I was wondering because it had been habitual that a neighbor’s house owned by the blind couple had always been filled with people particularly in the morning at around 10:30AM.  My curiosity led me to discover that this blind couple had been into lending.  The people who could regularly be seen in their house are there to either settle their accountability or lend cash.  Paradoxically, this blind couple could save money than these people with complete physical faculties because of their simplest subsistence.

“My son you only live on a borrowed time but I am your God not bound by time.” We are busy preparing for the future, buying of stocks, savings, dreaming dreams, tour around the world, shopping spree.  Selfishness does not covet an unembellished life but the Spirit yearns for simplicity.  

When I notice that our toothpaste is almost empty and swallow the viand without savoring its taste anymore because of its unusual taste compared to the old times of abundance, there I found God and lament, “Lord, I need You!”


In this life, we secure our personal life but fail to shield other’s life.  We crave for many things but never been satisfied by the love of God, refuse to tie the knot with Him.  Let us go beyond our human limitations towards the holiness of Christ.


Prayer:



Take my heart and my mind.  Cleanse me and make me whole.  Grant that I may do Your will.  When darkness comes, hide me.  Remind me of the weak, , the hungry, the poorest of the poor when I remember myself.  Take my worldly ambition.  Let me know that you’re with me.  Fill me with Your life.  Be my greatest Friend and Father...Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense