yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Praying in the Spirit


A catholic by name prays only every Sunday but a catholic by faith prays unceasingly.

Try to notice the people eating in the restaurants, food chains who after taking a seat would quickly grab the spoon & fork & before you knew it, everything is already done as if nothing happens. Who are they? Mostly are Catholics I supposed!

At home, it's seldom that we could find a family who prays before & after the meal. Everyone is rushing to grab the side dish to savor its taste.

Personally, praying before grabbing the fried chicken was really awkward for me because we were not taught with this virtue. Yes, we pray the Holy Rosary every 6PM w/c irritated me so much when I was a kid because it competed my favorite DZRH drama "ZIMATAR" w/c also started at 6PM. But to pray at the dining had not been into our practice. I've learned to do the Meal Prayer at the age of 31 perhaps. At first I found it corny but have appreciated it in the process.

Moreover, if we would like to talk to God privately & quietly, praying in the spirit is something that you could be beautifully appreciated. I do it at 3'o'clock in the morning for about an hour. You know, it is very relieving especially when you are in your troubled times w/c makes sense because we know better that when we could voice out something to a friend, we are relaxed after we have confided our struggle.

You know, at one point, I don't know if it was already a manifestation of the Holy Spirit w/c others have mentioned but I really experienced to be chirped by a bird & be dashed by a gentle wind while I was in the lotus position, closed my eyes & just felt His presence. But if it was really it, then I must be happy because I've been longing for His presence. I know I'm a sinner but I'd like to see Him who created me, believes in me, trusts in me, loves me, teaches me. I'd like to thank Him physically. I'd like to hug & kiss Him personally. I'd like to worship & praise Him personally. I could be very appreciative if I could see even only the tassel of His cloak.

Friends, if we all pray in the spirit, we could live by the spirit. If we could live by the spirit, we could live in peace & harmony; we could all be content & happy. If we're all content & happy, God will also be happy. All that is well ends well.

1 John 3:19-24 Now this is how we shall know that we belong to the truth & reassure our hearts before Him in whatever our hearts condemn for God is greater than our hearts & knows everything. Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence in God  receive from Him whatever we ask, because we keep His commandments & do what pleases Him. And His commandment is this: We should believe in the Name of His Son, Jesus Christ, & love one another just as He commanded us. Those who keep His commandments remain in Him, He in them, & the way we know that He remains in us from the spirit that He gave us.

Luke 22:40 Pray that you may not undergo the test.

Luke 21:36

Be vigilant at all times & pray that you have the strength to escape the tribulations that are imminent & to stand before the Son of Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense