yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Sons of Thunder



James and John, sons of Zebedee, were given by our Lord Jesus Christ the surname of Boaenerges which means Sons of Thunder. This is probably because of the intensity of their character.

In many instances, we're also like James and John who's very demanding in our prayers.

To some extent, it came to a point that I asked the Lord to take my life because I was not happy with my sexuality. I even told myself that if I could only travel heaven, I've already done that long before because I could not live a normal life because of my sexuality. I even thought that if it's not only a sin to suicide I would have done than many times already because I'm not at home with my sexuality.

Thanks be to God because He asked me to accept and love who I am. That's the work of His grace and love.

How about you? What's your story about being demanding towards Jesus?

Could you still recall the day when you ask God to have car, house and lot, job abroad? For many years that we've wait in patience or perhaps bored, did God grant it? Friends, don't be disappointed, this is the answer...James 4:3 You ask but do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

So next time around, rephrase your prayers asking the Lord that you will not use it for your passion, rather, you'll give it to me!

Mark 3:17 James, son of Zebedee, &John the brother of James, whom He named Boaenerges, that is, sons of thunder.

Mark 9:38 John said to Him, "Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your Name, & we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us." Jesus replied, "Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not against us is for us.

Mark 10:35-40 Then James & John, the sons of Zebedee came to Him said to Him, "Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you." He replied, What do you wish me to do for you? They answered Him,"Grant that in your glory we may sit one at your right, and the other at your left." Jesus said to them, "You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I drink or be baptized w/ the baptism w/ w/c I am baptized? They said to Him, "We can". Jesus said to them, "The cup that I drink & the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized; but to sit at my right or at my left is not mine to give but is for those for whom it has been prepared."

Luke 9:51-56 When the days for His being taken up were fulfilled, He resolutely determined to journey to Jerusalem and He sent messengers ahead of Him. On the way, they entered a Samaritan village to prepare for His reception there, but they would not welcome Him because the destination of His journey was Jerusalem. When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked the Lord, "Do you want us to call down fire from heaven to consume them?" Jesus turned & rebuked them and they journeyed to another village.

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense