yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Paradigm of Virtue


Responsibility and cross should be interpreted separately. In all aspects, responsibility can be escaped depending on the preference. For example, not all people enter married life because of escaping from a bigger responsibility or "I don't want to take up a medicine course because of its tough responsibility”.

On the other hand, the cross can never be skipped because this is where we grow as a person, in character, in perspective, objective, defenses, choices, plans & actions.

Hebrew 12:11 At the time, all discipline seems a cause not for joy but for pain, yet later it brings the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who are trained by it.

At home, I have a lot of struggle w/c I consider as my cross. We’re six boys & 3 girls and it's no easy to be flexible in different characters. It's strenuous to form the siblings in their insensitivity.

1 Peter 3:17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that be the will of God, than for doing evil.

Conflicts at home are just simple but any mistake that is committed again & again in spite of the reminder could provoke temper. For example, I've been teaching the siblings to be orderly on things by returning them as organized as it was to its original place, to clean up the dining area after a meal, not to leave the soap dish with water, to refill the empty water container before refrigeration, to organize the bedrooms before leaving them, not to leave any unwashed dish or utensils on sink.

For six years now, the scenario is still the same. Some I would see one of the siblings using the aluminum fruit dish for toasting bread. On separate occasion, he would place the cooker stained w/ ember on the placemat. Other would use ballpen to turn on the television until it was damaged. Others would just throw the remote control after use until it was broken. Some would use hard object to turn on the electric fan w/c later on damage the appliance. Others would kick the door of the refrigerator. Others would leave the sink clogged w/ leftovers.

Ecclesiastes 7:8-9 Better is the end of speech than its beginning; better is the patient spirit than the lofty spirit. Do not in spirit become quickly discontented, for discontent lodges in the bosom of a fool.

These simple things have been offensive because of doing it repeatedly which could easily trigger me to be irritable especially when I would arrive tired.

But you know the positive side of these negativities is it teaches me to be patient. Although it's not that perfect yet because there were times that I really reacted on recurring offense but what's good about the bad experience is it shapes my meekness. Of course not as meek as it should be but at least I'm going there.

Luke 21:19  By your perseverance you will secure your lives.

As my meekness is gradually formed at home, I am learning another phase of virtue that I could apply outside, in the public place, community and workplace.

1 Timothy 5:3-4 Honor widows who are truly widows. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let these first learn to perform their religious duty to their own family and to make recompense to their parents, for this is pleasing to God.

Because I believe that leaving our home permanently to find another home where I think I could be at peace will never guarantee a more peaceful life. These sorts of characters will certainly keep on haunting me through other people. I may escape the disappointment at home but absolutely I could not run away from irritable situations outside home where indifference is greater, wider and even worse.

1 Corinthian 10:13 No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it.

Simultaneously, while I am gradually molded to be patient at home, I can be patient as well at the same time in my association with different people I meet daily.

As Jesus says, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself & follow me." Carrying the cross involves endurance of pain but this suffering is not minded anymore because of hope towards simplicity & wholeness of character; the character that will serve as a paradigm to my younger siblings.

Mark 8:34-9:1 He summoned the crowd with his disciples and said to them, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and that of the gospel will save it. What profit is there for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? What could one give in exchange for his life? Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this faithless and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." He also said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense