yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Accident and Surprise (A Life’s Testimony)



Normally, I celebrate my birthday silently, either through a work leave or ask our community for a birthday leave.  I desire for every birthday to be in a day of silence so I could hear audibly God’s promptings. Attending the Mass shows utmost significance during my birthday.

Nevertheless, this year has been unique.  I needed to attend the renewal of Litcom, which demands time to travel from Balanga for 30 minutes and be present in the afternoon for our Beliver’s Fellowship.  Being aware that I would be late coming from Manila, I borrowed my sister’s car. I reached my destination unscathed, and renewed my commitment with Dambana ng Awa (Altar of Mercy) as Lector/Commentator.


Unpredictably, an accident occurred as we exited Balanga to take our lunch with my co-guild members, when a motor rider bumped the car’s rear.  This was the very first driving experience that I witnessed someone who fell down sprawled on the road. I was just being grateful being accompanied by a co-lector.  Thanks Gerald.

Thusly, I’ve got a courage at that impulse. First, I checked the condition of the motor-rider, who’s not moving and unconscious in my observation. What I could think at that instance is to pray for his safety. I was prohibited to touch the guy, and wait for the rescuer and police instead.  There were these shivering and terrifying feelings but prayers comforted me. Finally, the rescue team arrived and assured that the guy was conscious and out of harm when taken to the hospital. 

Subsequently, we went to the hospital for the police report.  We asked to leave for a while to go back to my companion and had our lunch.  At exactly 3PM, the police called us, as the relatives of the motor rider who bumped our car came. 

It was the hour of the Divine Mercy and I was self-assured that the guy would be out of danger. Lo and behold, I was right. The relatives informed that the guy was already out of harm’s way and could be discharged in the hospital yet. 

Asking permission from the police, I asked them that I would just go back to personally talk and fix both our police reports.  I still have my Believer’s Fellowship to attend to after.   

As I entered the venue, I noticed some surprise from my community members. Honestly, I really don’t show up on my birthdays as I’m not used to a surprise. With these surprise, sights and smiles which took me out of my sails, my anxieties were superseded with joy.   In all the effort, presence and every gimmick – everything demonstrates that God is alive.  That His love outshines more than anything else. 

This year of my birthday is a realization that God is in control. My life is not under my grip but the One whom I entrust with it would be in the lead, to shield my life. Every time I grab a steering wheel, it’s my constant prayer that God may save me from harm and that everyone on the road would be well.   


Nevertheless, on an occasion that we least expect, God desires to articulate His goodness.   When I was at the point of harm, I leaned toward the questions like: Does God close His eyes? When I prayed, did He audibly hear my supplication?"

But with the surprises which were arranged for me, I know that I will never be out of God's sight.  God’s brightness can be more sensed in darkness.  And in all circumstances, all of His promises are true.  Nothing is wasted in every labor that you wield for Him.    

For people who make an effort, contribute time and share, smile and embrace – all of them reveal God’s presence. 

Thank you very much!  May the grace of the Divine Mercy reign in you and your family.  The mission must go on.  We still have more people to embrace and smile at, so that  like me, they could feel God’s smile and embrace.


(10.21.17 – the Birthday that etched in my mind)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense