yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Philippine Presidential platform of government which the country watches over once elected




Karen Davila (Moderator)

At this juncture, we will let all the candidates to face each other.  They will ask each one.

Prior to this, the candidates had draw lots for their face-off round.

Every candidate has 15, one-five, seconds to ask.  And another 1 minute to answer co-candidate. Follow up question is allowed which is also 15 seconds.  And another 1 minute to answer.

The first pair for this night, SecIretary Roxas will ask Vice President Binay.




SECRETARY MAR ROXAS
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
1
0

Vice President Binay, this is the last debate, national audience.  This is now your opportunity to clarify the charges which you’re not responded in the Senate.  How come that one bed – which was Php34,000 becomes Php545,000.  How come that one building which was Php200 Million becomes P2.3 billion.  This is now your chance.

COMMENTARY:

This is really alarming if this can be proven. It’s known that Makati where he was elected as a Mayor, offers good services and benefits to its people, which means that the people can enjoy more if there’s honest governance.




VICE PRESIDENT JEJOMAR BINAY
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
2
1

You know, Mr. Roxas, you’re the one that fits to the saying, “One who does not want to listen is pretending to be deaf.  One who does not want to see is pretending to be blind.”  I’ve already answered these repeteadly, nothing has changed. (1)

You know, I will not waste my time here, I have 41 seconds.  I will just talk to you regarding the reasons why we are here in this face-off.  The platform and our stand. (1)

For me – we we’re not able to mention about Remodernized Agriculture.  I will remove irrigation fee, we need to revisit insurance, we will have new yielding crops and we will create means to learn, how to help our farmers and fishermen (2) in case their livelihood becomes huge.

COMMENTARY:

1). It can be recalled that on their second debate which happened in Cebu, he was supposed to show some documents to prove allegations against him, which he could not present because no candidates were allowed to bring any cheat sheets on the debate.  Now that the floor is open for crarification, he’s evading.



Kare Davila Moderator): Secretary Mar, you can react. Fifteen seconds.




SECRETARY MAR ROXAS
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
1
0

Vice President Binay, trust is the center of our relationship with our countrymen.  That’s why I gave you the chance to answer the questions which are not yet responded until now. (1)

Trust and trust also is what our countrymen are holding on to.




VICE PRESIDENT JEJOMAR BINAY
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
1
1

You can see that trust if I win, truly our countrymen do not lose their trust.(1) It’s not – You’re not the court for you to make judgement that I am guilty. (1) 

We will know this if there’s no trust, indeed and if you could persuade on whatever baseless.  I will win this coming election.

I will show to you that the people have not lost their trust on me.


COMMENTARY:

While it is true that trust can be revealed after the election if he makes it to the presidency, the people still need to know the reality about the allegations because the people whom he faced are the taxpayers who are the sources of their monthly compensation.  Mar Roxas is not a court but he’s also among the taxpayers.




Tony Velasquez (Moderator)

The next that we will call on – The next one to ask is Senator Grace Poe. Madame Senator, please go to the front.  You will ask Mayor Duterte. Fifteen seconds.




SENATOR GRACE POE
FACE-OFF
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
SEGMENT NO. 4 - FACE-OFF
1
0

With due respect.  We’re friends, but I need to ask this…for women.  You have an interview in a magazine wherein you said that women are the weaker sex.  And we’re already aware of your pronouncement saying “that the Mayor should have started first (to sexually assault the rape victim), and claiming the one complaining about being raped ….as rather a drama queen.   What will be the women’s destiny in your administration? (1)




MAYOR RODRIGO DUTERTE
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
3
0

Well, in Davao City, ma’am, we are the first city to come up with the Women’s Code. Davao City is the only city with a police department without vice squad. (1)

I have disbanded it because they used to arrest set of commercial sex worker. The only person who can arrest them would really be the city health, to order the police.  (2)

In Davao, the Mutya ng Dabaw at Kadayawan Queen do not allow swim suits.  It’s only short and beachwear. That is how important the women is or are in Davao. (3)

We have that……Women’s Code the first. We ban swimsuit, no one wears bikini.  And police is even not allowed to apprehend, and the women there are not afraid to go anywhere – in Davao City.




Tony Velasquez (Moderator)

Follow up question. Yes. Mayor, I understand your programs.  But do you think having a women’s desk can already be a passport for such a language.

And second, Mayor, it’s known that there’s a number who are attracted on you, which I mentioned in the past, so that you can easily hold them….even in public which appears unproper.




MAYOR RODRIGO DUTERTE
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
1
4

That is what I am. You are you. I am I. (1) So that’s my identity here in this earth. (1)

But really, really, the Australian woman raped in Davao, I killed all the 16. (2)

I badmouthed.  Then I narrated it in a different situation but It is all true.

There was no malice in that. It was just a narration. (3)

Then what happened was because I heard one of the guys, was taking the original tape in my anger and they were about to……They’re actually paying it Php1 million.  I preemptied them because if it would have released at this hour, very late day, I would have a hard time coping with it.

That’s why took it out and the women’s anger.  But there was really no malice. It was a pure narration of the truth. (4)


COMMENTARY:

1). No one is born with mouth that curses.  This has been through environmental influence.  Badmouthing like any other imperfections (womanizing, stealing, lying, etc.) can be repaired should a particular person wishes to but these types of character attached to anyone can never be forever if one wishes to transform. 

2). Badmouthing can be tamed in the process. It’s not good for a public servant appearing on TV cursing different international allies and in any form of community gathering. 

3). Malice may not be present in narrating the story, but as 70 years old whose values have been engineered by time, profession and education, making a woman’s darkest past being a rape victim as a joke, telling the listeners that he should have started first than the rapists, is not a good joke.  There are jokes that suited to a 70 years old who is educated, and a public servant.

4). Killing the rapists and raping a woman have no difference at all. It never guarantees that such crime will never occur in the future anymore if there is the precedent of killing the perpetrators because raping just like badmouthing, corruption, lying, womanizing may happen anytime to anyone who’s blinded by this temptation.




SENATOR GRACE POE
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
1
1

I will - I would take your word, Mayor. But perhaps should you become a President, perhaps women will appreciate more respect even a little restraint. (1) I know that you are you and I am I. (1)


COMMENTARY:

1). I don’t believe that it’s already Mayor’s natural character because as I’ve said no one is born whose first word uttered is badmouthing. Otherwise, those who have been influenced by their environment with this kind of behavior would not transform anymore if this falls on good manners. 




MAYOR RODRIGO DUTERTE
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
0
1
Duterte: I will be. (1)


COMMENTARY:

1). The moment that he acknowledges Sen. Grace’s Poe’s appeal is an indication of awareness that what he did was wrong than a natural identity.  So I’m taking this as realistic because every imperpections of human is transformable.  It may not be an overnight process but it can be repaired because God never creates bad identity. 




Karen Davila (Moderator)

Thank you, Senator Grace Poe. Next will be Mayor Duterte, you will ask Senator Santiago.




MAYOR RODRIGO DUTERTE
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
0
1

Ma'am Miriam, what can I ask of you? I am facing a woman who would become the President of the Republic of the Philippines.

It is even an insult to the intellect of everybody to be asking a learned and experienced human being in this planet. (1)

COMMENTARY:

1). I don’t think it’s an insult to ask someone who is advanced.  We’re trying to dig down both the strong points and the weakpoints of the candidates to identify who has the sincerest heart and who is just politicking. 



Karen Davila (Moderator)  So, do you have a question, Mayor?]
 Mayor Rodrigo Duterte: My question Ma'am, how are you today?]



SENATOR MIRIAM DEFENSOR-SANTIAGO
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
2
0

I'm almost back to normal good health because I'm on a secret pill that is not yet available in the market but is being sold at very atrocious – atrociously expensive prices. (2) And it's a miracle worker in the sense that I'm almost normal now.



Mayor Rodrigo Duterte:  Oh, come on! You will live for a thousand years. No doubt about it. I rest my case, all the moderator here, yeah.

Karen Davila (Moderator): All right. Since you have no question – but Ma’am you still have time.  You still have 1 minute.  Would you like to use it?

Mayor Rodrgigo Duterte: What for?

Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago: To answer a question?

Karen Davila (Moderator):  You have a minute to speak if...

Mayor Rodrgigo Duterte:  I‘ll think of it.

Karen Davila (Moderator):  You may wish to use it, ma'am.




SENATOR MIRIAM DEFENSOR-SANTIAGO
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
1
0

I have been the subject of much black propaganda concerning my health. I have never been false to the Filipino people. The moment I was diagnosed, I immediately called for a press conference and announced the status of my health.

But, after consulting with my sister who is a doctor in the United States, I learned that there's now a cancer revolution. There is a new cancer anti-drug almost every week. The only drawback is that they are too expensive. So, that's why I have already returned to normal. (1)




Tony Velasquez (Moderator): Okay, Mayor Duterte. All right. Now, Senator Santiago will go on followed by her question.  She will ask Secretary Roxas. Senator Miriam, you have 15 seconds to ask.




SENATOR MIRIAM DEFENSOR-SANTIAGO
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
2
1

I believe that there are three requirements for a good president of the Philippines.
Number one, academic excellence. (1) Number two, professional excellence. (1) And number three, moral excellence. (2)

Can you give me at least three examples of each kind of excellence that you have?
(1).

COMMENTARY:

At least she mentioned moral excellence as one of the qualifications, despite the fact that there’s separation between the church who (teaches morals) and the state (who disobeys the morals that the Church teaches that’s why the country has been derailed since the beginning until now).

However, academic excellence never guarantees good governance.  What the country has been going through since the ancient times and up to this generation speaks for itself. The Philippine government has been governed by people with academic excellence, who graduated from finest universities both here and abroad but only about a couple of them had practiced good governance.




SECRETARY MAR ROXAS
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
FACE-OFF
4
0

Sec. Mar Roxas: Thank you very much for your question.

Karen Davila (Moderator): You have one minute Secretary. Can you speak louder?

Sec. Mar Roxas: My academic record is quite clear. I did graduate from the Wharton School of Business. (1) The best – one of the best business schools in the entire United States and I have accomplished that. My diploma is up on the wall for anyone who wants – wishes to see.

With respect to professional excellence, I've had – we have worked together in the Senate. We have defended treaties, the JPEPA being one of them. I have been both an interpellator to yourself as well as you have interpellated me. And I think you would be the best judge as to my capability......in understanding the issues particularly complex as they may be. (2)

And lastly, moral integrity. I think that my record, 23 years in public life, not once having been connected to any kind of anomaly speaks for itself. No stain, no blemish on governance for more than 20 years of public service. (3)

The most important word that a public servant has is to say, “No”. No to temptation, no to offers, and no to even the seeming inappropriateness of certain acts. (4)




PAGES



1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


9













No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense