yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle
yourimagetitle

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Philippine Presidential platform of government which the country watches over once elected



Tony Velasquez (Moderator): All right. Thank you. Vice President Binay.





VICE PRESIDENT JEJOMAR BINAY
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
ISSUE NO. 6 – CONFLICTS IN MINDANAO (ADDITIONAL INPUT)
0
2

I’ll say it again, as I’ve said that it is the problem of Mindanao, which rooted from poverty. (1)

However, if life there in that place is progressive, we will not end up or think to separate from the entire country.  We will not end up using guns to destroy the government.

Poverty is the problem and like what I’ve said, that’s also the problem that I faced in Makati, we can do it….to develop the lives of every Filipino. (2)

COMMENTARY:

1). Mindanao is not a poverty-prone area.  In fact Mindanao provides the country more than Php200 billion through its agricultural products as disclosed by Sen. Grace Poe.

2). Makati can never be compared with Mindano because fights in Mindanao have rooted from sovereignty that was grabbed by colonizers.




Tony Velasquez (Moderator)

Thank you very much, Mr. Vice President.

The last answer will come from Senator Grace Poe. Thirty seconds, ma’am.





SENATOR GRACE POE
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
ISSUE NO. 6 – CONFLICTS IN MINDANAO (ADDITIONAL INPUT)
2
0
Sen. Grace Poe: Thanks for not overlooking me.
Tony Velasquez: Yes ma'am.
Sen. Grace Poe: Our drought in Mindanao, for example, I think Region 12 – South Cotabato.  They’re giving us almost more than Php200 billion through their agricultural products.  But when it comes to assistance on El Niño, we only give them Php 9 million out of huge budget allocated for this. (1)

Evidently, support in Mindanao is insufficient.  I don’t know why.

But in my perspective as a mother, treatment for everybody should be fair, whether it is distant or close to the Philippines. (2)





Tony Velasquez (Moderator): We’re already on the last segment of our PiliPinas 2016 Presidential Town Hall Debate.

The last face-off, as I’ve said is an opportunity for the beginning in every election.  As if everybody is urged that it is still doable.  Let us already behave well as a country.

Karen Davila (Moderator): So for our candidates, for your final statements, dig out your inspiration from Jessa, the child from Bohol. Please listen to her story.

To the candidates, Jessa and her mother are with us today.  Like all young Filipino children, she cannot yet vote.  But she is the one of those who’s full of ambition and hope.

Tony Velasquez (Moderator):  Please include them in your final statements, what can you really do so that Jessa’s ambition and the rest of the children like her will not be failed.

You have up to 5 minutes for every candidate. And based on our draw lots, Mayor Duterte will be the first.  Five...

Karen Davila (Moderator): And the stage is yours for five minutes.

   



MAYOR RODRIGO DUTERTE
RATINGS
REALISTIC
IDEALISTIC
CLOSING STATEMENT
11
7

To my countrymen, I am running for President. I am just an ordinary citizen. (1)

I do not have the credentials of a summa cum laude. I was not even an honor during my time. Everything is (average). But through God’s grace.... we are just migrants to Mindanao. Of course my mother is a Mindanaoan.

I promise that I’ll (make it a point) to suppress drugs to the minimum if I can’t capture them. (1) Criminality, (it is sounding) the urban areas and even the countryside – for your information, drug could reach even in the mountains, they sell it to the farmers. And they get the carabaos and the pig. (2)

You know, I’m really enraged. They say that I am a killer, perhaps. What I simply ask, stop and I will fix the government. Corruption must stop. If I’m into the presidency and no one obeys me or no one follows me in two weeks, even if you give me 10 years, I would not be able to do it. (2)

As I’ve said, I’m only an ordinary citizen, I don’t want to be embarrassed. That’s why if I say stop, you should stop.  I have one word for all of government here in the Philippines, stop. S-T-O-P. Just stop. Just obey the law. (3) And for the civilians, I will not ask anything. They say that there is extra judicial killing. It's not that I – you know, it's really the interest of the country. I will do that. (3)

I will stop corruption. No drugs, I’ll clear them all if possible. Even humans- it’s alright with me, simultaneous with drugs. Same withb criminality. (4)

I will not – I will be harsh.  (4) And I'm warning you about in the horizon, the coming of terrorism. It’s the same. But I have to talk to the Mindanaoan people for peace. This can’t be resolved through talks in whatsoever form or war. Because this is historical. (5)

And even the NPAs, as Sison said, “if I'm President” - or Grace - “He would come to talk.” That is a welcome development. (6)

I have no other ambition except for my country. And I pray to God that – I don’t implore that you vote for me. I pray to God that the nation will be enlightened by His grace and you can choose the leader. (7)

It’s all up to you whom you want to vote. The one who can make it happen. Those beside me are all worthy. And they can make it happen, I suppose. (8)

People of Davao have been used to it– if I say stop, stop there. If I say I will do this to you, I really do this even at the expense of sometimes…. (9) Well, it could be at the expense of honor or the prestige, or the presidency. I don’t care, as long as I am performing and I will do it. (5)

You should stop that planting of ammunition. Unless you are ready to swallow the bullet and I will make you do it. If you’re not aware of it, go to Davao. There’s already a lot of central bank coins swallowed by these sons of a b----) who do not obey. (6)

I’m a very impatient man. (7)

I have nothing to brag about. All that I can swank about is performance. I never did any greatness. I don’t have any recognition from the school up to high school. All of my grades are 75. It’s okay. (10) But I was slightly behaved when I was a lawyer. And I have learned so much reason, but I will not dwell into so much about on – the niceties of life. If it is the interest of the nation, I will do it. (11)

And finally, I’d like to thank Alan Peter Cayetano, my vice presidential candidate, for joining me, for accommodating when I asked him to join me.

Thank you very much.

COMMENTARY:

1). Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said that he is allegedly keeping more hidden wealth aside from the reported P211 million bank deposits that Mayor Duterte did not declare in his statement of assets, liabilities and networth in 2014.[1]  If this is true, then he is not an ordinary citizen. 

2). The cleaning up of the country has already started which were sampled by house arrests of Former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Senators. Juan Enrile (who was released after a bail due to his health condition), Bong Revilla, Jinggoy Estrada, among the few, which means that it is doable although it’s not an overnight process as this has been pandemic since the ancient times up to now.

3). In a report he said, he will not into extrajudicial killings after Binay accuses him of being an executioner because he still has his values. [2] 

In another report Duterte says, “To all the bleeding hearts of US-based crime watch: You want a taste of justice, my style? Come to Davao City, Philippines, and do drugs in my city. I will execute you in public. And finally, you SOBs, I offer no excuses nor do I apologize. So be it.”[3] Where does this confidence of executing a criminal come from, considering that the Philippines has no death penalty law?

Thus, he is inconsistent with his words.

4). Harhness in the past governance never helped the country so it will never help when repeated.

5). Doing things at the expense of honor or prestige, or the presidency can be dangerous for national security because that would mean breaking the law and the common good in exchange of personal desires of achievement.

6). Swallowing of bullets as punishment to the perpetrators of planting of ammunition scam is not the last option of controlling this. 

7). Impatience has no place in governance.  Otherwise, this may even resort to killing the corrupt people than putting them in jail.






PAGES



1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


9















[1] Abp. Orlando B. Quevedo, OMI, DDon ARCHIVES: Quevedo on Injustice: the Root of Conflict in Mindanao,  February 23 2014 6:58 pm

[2] Abp. Orlando B. Quevedo, OMI, DDon February 23 2014 6:58 pm, ARCHIVES: Quevedo on Injustice: the Root of Conflict in Mindanao, http://www.mindanews.com/mindaviews/2014/02/23/archives-quevedo-on-injustice-the-root-of-conflct-in-mindanao/

[3] Abp. Orlando B. Quevedo, OMI, DDon ARCHIVES: Quevedo on Injustice: the Root of Conflict in Mindanao,  February 23 2014 6:58 pm

[4] Maila Ager, Trillanes: Duterte has more hidden wealth, 12:58 PM April 27th, 2016, http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/781913/trillanes-duterte-has-more-hidden-wealth

[5] Pia Ranada, Duterte to Binay: No extrajudicial killings, I still have values
Published 5:43 PM, April 08, 2016, Updated 11:30 AM, April 09, 2016, http://www.rappler.com/nation/politics/elections/2016/128742-duterte-binay-extrajudicial-killings-values

[6] Bea Cupin, Duterte and Davao Death Squad: 'Defending the indefensible,'
Published 7:00 AM, May 26, 2015, Updated 7:00 AM, May 26, 2015, rappler.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Adsense

Adesense



yourimagetitle
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY
Visit us @ FRIENDS OF THE DIVINE MERCY

Adsense

Adsense